Thursday, November 2, 2017

Simple...

Simple...

I like simple - easy - not complicated.

I just read Psalm 116:5-7: 
     The Lord protects the simple hearted.

I have never thought of a simple heart. A simple mind perhaps. And then my mind goes to College English 101. The instructor stopped the class, of about 50+ students, and asked me, "Are you wasting daddy's money?" 

I could have answered, "No, I wasn't wasting his money. I was the one paying the bills". I don't think she liked me...

Now, that my mind has wandered back, I Googled simple. I was right easy - not complicated, but there are more definitions. Uneducated - foolish - stupid - feeble - little value - ignorant - plain - elementary.

Okay. Now, back to the simple heart. The God I know is all about: grace, mercy and love. If he wants a simple heart, or any of the above definitions, HEAR I am. (Did that get your attention?) 

You have to be quiet and listen with ears, heart, mind and soul. Sounds complicated! But, here I am Lord! Ready to hear with a simple heart.

* gramatical and punctuation errors are mine... I stopped listening to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment