Thursday, October 26, 2017

Praise...

Praise
Psalm 50:15 (The Message) “Spread for me a banquet of praise, a feast of kept promises.” Psalm 50:23 (The Message) “It’s the praising life that honors me.”
As I sat this morning with God, ready to begin my list of prayer requests (one of the side benefits of several small group membership, is a rather long list of requests)
I read Psalm 50
Psalm 50:15
  • God wants.  A Banquet of Praise.  Banquets are not just meat and potatoes - no a banquet is a long table or two of the tastiest foods possible.  Too many choices – our plates runneth over. We also need to save room for the plethora of desserts.  

  •  God wants a feast of kept promises.  Now a feast isn’t just hamburgers and fries. A feast is like a banquet – too much food.  All good food.  Again we eat way too much.  
  • God wants us to call Him for help.  Help for what?  He doesn’t describe help – but I know when I need it. He wants me to call on Him and He will help.  His way.  His time.  
God doesn’t want our sacrifices, He already has all He needs.
Psalm 50:23  
Praise honors and delights God.  A little praise brings much pleasure to God.  And to others. Promises kept are His desire and He is ready and willing to help.  

We parent our children to become independent.  To make wise choices.  We love to have them ask our advice.  But usually we hear later.  God, on the other hand, wants us to become like children.  Completely, wholly dependent on Him.  
His ways are not our way – nor are His thoughts our thoughts.

3/20/10

No comments:

Post a Comment