Sunday, August 17, 2014

Human Mind...



I just read in Jesus Calling, the human mind is the pinnacle of God’s creation – but few use it to know God - which is its primary purpose.

He communicates through His Spirit, His word and His creation.

I have the wonderful opportunity to sit with God each morning and enjoy His creation and His word.

I look at a creek with water flowing by – a continual flow – the trees ever changing with the seasons – end of September starts a big color explosion as trees ready for winter.

Birds are joining with other birds. Practicing flying in flocks – 
getting ready for their southern departure.

The moon – a giant harvest moon in a couple of days.

The air – crisp and cool in the morning – with 70’s in the afternoon.


Change is here now – getting the area ready for winters rest.

A time to regroup – replenish and revitalize.

When do I do this? Am I not part of God’s seasonal plan?

Don’t I too need a resting time – a time to go deep into the word – sort out what is in my soul – let the Spirit clean and 
clear out – Quit the busyness of doing and just be!

Practice – the presence of God – Sit and listen for Him to 
speak. 

Just Be! God and me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment