Sunday, September 3, 2017

Witness...

God has called us to be His witness'.

Just how does that work?

Most people are opposed to having their faults pointed out.

I saw a sign on a church reader board: God needs more witness's less judges.

Since I watch crime shows on TV, I am almost an expert on what a witness can and should say. I have also been on jury duty a couple of times -- so, I know what I'm talking about...

A witness: tells what he/she saw or heard. First hand information!

A witness: answers the question that is asked. They don't volunteer additional feelings or thoughts or words. Answer only the question?

A witness: tells the truth. They do not make things up. Lie or embellish. Truth and only the truth.

If I am to be a witness for God, I need to live a life, so others will ask the right questions. I need to listen to the question AND answer the question. With my experience. And tell the truth.

To do this, I need to know 'the truth' and trust God to take it from there. 

I am 'the witness'.
God is the 'judge' not me.

But, it needs to be personal. My words. My story. What I have seen. What I have heard. What I have experienced.

Jesus Christ...God's son... My Savior...

No comments:

Post a Comment