Sunday, September 17, 2017

Concealed Weapon...

Concealed Weapon...

The other night on the local news, they reported that the rules on carrying a concealed weapon had been changed. The rules had to align with the state laws.
Then they said “You can carry a concealed weapon, if you have the proper documentation but you can’t shoot it.”  Now that got my attention.
Now, if I want to carry a gun and have the permit to prove it, I’m ok.  Legal.  However, if I shoot it, especially in the city limits, I can be arrested.
My brain kicked in. Ok, I’m in a bad situation. I pull out my gun along with my permit to carry. Since I can’t shoot, what do I do? Throw the gun at the bad guy?  Ask to see his permit?  Does this seem ridiculous to you, too?
Then my thinking moved on.  I have a secret weapon. Available at all times. The Holy Spirit.  I have a permit to carry. Jesus says “I will never leave you. I will send the Holy Spirit.”  Here’s the problem. Do I keep it a secret?  It is not politically or socially correct to talk religion.  But, is it ok to talk about my love affair with Jesus?
And when the really bad guy – satan – shows up, I need to pull out and flash my permit to carry.  “In the name of Jesus – scat, scoot, be gone!”  And the Bible says “He must flee.”  
written 9/3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment