Sunday, May 23, 2010

Clean

Clean. . .

Yesterday I had our carpet cleaned. It was beyond dirty. In addition to the dirt tracked in by two dogs and two people, one of the dogs is a puppy. In her defense the people who lived here before us had two dogs. They had left their marks. And I was not as diligent as I should have been.

Basically I dislike the carpet and want to replace it. Rip it all out and get new. Just so you can hate it too, it is pink and blue shag! It has a gray cast, but I know it is pink and blue. Before the cleaner came, I had to remove everything possible. End tables with all their stuff. Lamps, clocks, decorations. Extra furniture awaiting positions in the living room. Trunks.

He cleaned. I didn't even have to vacuum first. He cleaned. All the spots Dirt. Grime. It looks beautiful. Clean -- Almost like new. $140, not several thousand. As I walked through last night, I saw clean, clear, uncluttered space. I'm going to really think about what I put back. It will need a reason to come back in off the deck.

Jesus came into my life 40 years ago. Over the years I've added a little here, a little there. My life has become full of unnecessary 'stuff.' Dirty from unconfessed sin. Excuses. Laziness.

I need to sit down -- Repent. Let the Holy Spirit convict. Get rid of excess baggage. Accept His cleaning. Forgiveness. Give Jesus the proper place in my heart and life.

How about You? Jesus calls it abundant life!

He cleans up. He doesn't rip up and throw away--

No comments:

Post a Comment