Sunday, May 23, 2010

Credit Card

Credit Card

I remember in the '60s (1960s) a neighbor friend told us of this amazing new 'tool.' A credit card. You used it to pay for things at various stores and shops. At the end of the month, you received a bill. Then you wrote one check. Saved writing many checks and it was “free.” Also it detailed all (or most) of your spending. A most wonderful invention.

Now it's almost impossible to function in this world without a credit or debit card. It is still free - if you pay the balance each month. On time.

Your credit score is most important – even your car insurance is tied to it. A home loan interest rate is also affected by your credit score. Some jobs even check your credit score.

Most of us have more than one credit card. Plus many pseudo cards to get special discounts or dollars back when we use them in addition to our credit card. Two of mine have picture ID attached. Another requires them to check for picture ID

Somewhere all kinds of information is stored about me. Those with the correct password can find out more than I know about me. If they are clever and dishonest, they can 'steal my identity.' They can do all sorts of evil to mess up my life.

Been a thinkin'-- God has given me a credit card. Backed by Jesus. Delivered by the Holy Spirit. Kept on file in heaven – All info kept in heaven. Swipe the card – prayer – confession – goes on my account covered by the blood. Read the Word. Do the Word. Swipe the card – the Holy Spirit is readily available. Cash (wisdom, action) available.

Doesn't need to have picture ID. God remembers my name and who I am. God's credit card is available to all. Cash advance – unlimited charges – already paid in full-- thanks to the cross and Jesus...



No comments:

Post a Comment