Friday, May 14, 2010

PACE

Pace

I used to jog with my friend Norma. It was good exercise and we solved most of the world's problems. We ran on the school track. She had rules. Where we started and where we ended. I couldn't just head for the gate on our last lap. I had to end where we started. I had to run the full distance.

One day her husband, Ben, was running his laps. He slowed down and ran with us for awhile. Then he said, "This is too tiring. I need to run at my own speed."

I started thinking about the 'own speed' part. I was always very tired when we finished our run or jog. I was matching Norma's pace. It was like slow motion for me -- my pace was really faster. Not better. Faster. I loved my time with Norma so I continued with her pace and her distance.

God has set within me a pace. A special way of running His race. He wants me to 'go the distance.' I need to find His pace and plan for me and move with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment